Look Around and Have Fun

Sunday, December 21, 2014

A December To Remmber

This has been a December to remember. First off, we got started on our new house.  I am SO thrilled to get into a big and beautiful kitchen.  All stainless steel appliances, tile kitchen floor, gorgeous cabinets, and a beautiful table for breakfast or entertaining. 


Then we had my daughter Hannah's 13th birthday.  She wasn't really looking forward to turning 13.  There was a sadness about that day for her.  We later found out why.  

That night, as I was making her cake, we got a phone call from my mom.  My grandfather had just passed away.  He was 94 years, 4 months, and 4 days old. We then made sure to do what we could to still be happy for Hannah, celebrate her birth, and be thankful for my grandfathers life.  

We then went to his funeral this last Monday. 


Yesterday we celebrated my son Brigham's 8th birthday. For the first time in 2 years, nobody was sick on his birthday other than a few with a cough.  Nobody else passed away.  He had a fun day with a race car for one of his gifts. He was able to play in the snow before it melted overnight.  


They built a creepy snowman with leaves as eyes and a mouth. 


Yesterday was also the day of my estimated due date for my daughter Joy. 2 years ago I hoped that Brigham and Joy would share a birthday.  She kept me waiting.  I then hoped for Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve, New Years Day, my birthday... As they all passed by, she picked her own birthday 19 days after her EDD.  

All a remembrance and celebration in December, 2014.  

I have started my jar.  I wasn't going to start it until January, but I put my first slip in.  



I hope you all have a great end of the year.  It's a time to remember those we love, those we lost, and those that are to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment