Look Around and Have Fun

Monday, December 8, 2014

Time to get moving - Ozeri Pedometer test



They say that the average person should walk 10,000 steps a day.  The average person has a stride of about 2 1/2 feet.  That means at 10,000 steps a day, you should be walking about 5 miles a day.

I was wondering how many steps I take per day, acting as a SAHM and not doing my daily exercises.  What is my normal activity level?  It sure feels like I'm walking about 5 miles a day with all my chasing small people all day long.  


I got a pedometer from Ozeri, and decided to put it to use for my normal day without any additional exercises.  My "day off" if you will. 

As I opened the package I was happy at how easy it was to program. I put the time in, that way it knows when the new day starts.  It automatically restarts to a new day, so you don't need to reset it. It tells you how far you walked, how many steps, calories and fat burned, and even a timer to show how long you exercised. 

So, I clipped the pedometer on my pocket and went about my day. 


I spent the day cleaning, cooking, homeschooling my kids, chasing kids, cleaning spills, chasing kids some more, cleaning more spills.  Ha ha! 

At the end of the day, as I was getting ready for bed, I looked at the pedometer, I was shocked to see how little I had moved.  


Maybe 1 mile of walking all day long!

A good goal that is recommended is to try to increase your activity by 500 steps per day until you reach your 10,000 steps a day.  Ozeri's 4x3 Razor Digital Pocket Pedometer is a great way to track your daily or weekly activity.

To get the 4x3Razor Pocket Pedometer by Ozeri, find them on Amazon.



 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment