Look Around and Have Fun

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Paleo Lavender Infused Chocolate Bark

It really is like eating beautiful chocolate flowers.  The taste is soft and luxurious.

I bought an ounce of lavender buds on ebay.  I was worried about buying without knowing how they would be, but the reviews were good.  It was culinary grade.  I was hoping for the best.  

Then, a few days later, I checked my mail.  My box smelled heavenly.  

I made some paleo chocolate bark for a friend. Something beautiful for a hard time.  I tried a little piece.  Beautiful.  Like eating a soft flower.  An easy and peaceful recipe. 

Lavender Infused Chocolate Bark

1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 Cup Honey
1 1/2 tsp Lavender Buds
1 1/2 tsp Lavender Buds for Garnish


Melt coconut oil in saucepan over low heat.  Add lavender buds and honey.  Turn off heat and stir for a few minutes to infuse flavors.  Add cocoa powder.  Stir until all are combined and lump free (other than the lavender bud lumps. Spread thin over parchment paper or silicon baking mat.  Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 tsp lavender buds.  Put in freezer for 30 min to an hour. 



Break apart into smaller pieces when solid. 

*A few pieces of the batch.*

No comments:

Post a Comment