Look Around and Have Fun

Monday, February 23, 2015

Ancient Feminine Wisdom

I started out not knowing what exactly to expect from this book.  As I opened it up and began reading, I found I couldn't pull myself away from it very easily.  I kept finding myself thinking of the women of the Bible, and how they have inspired me.


Ancient Feminine Wisdom by Judith Jungman Saadon is a fascinating book.  She has a way of bringing forth the women of the Bible and getting you to think of them in a different light.  

As I read each section I was able to understand each women in a different perspective.  I was able to basically put myself in that place, and see how I am effected by the same situation today.  

Each section goes through a piece of the life of one of the women.  Eve, Sarah, Hagar, Rachel, Leah, Tamar, Hannah, Naomi, and Esther.  You go into a chapter of the woman's life, are shown the strength of that woman.  Then you are asked questions pertaining to yourself and that woman.  How can you invite her into your life to change how you need in order to better yourself?  

This really is a great book.  And one I'm reading over to get a great perspective on these Biblical Women, as well as myself. 


**I received this in exchange for my review.**


1 comment:

  1. This would be a book my Aunt would really enjoy reading. They do a lot of Bible study at home and this would make a great gift for her

    ReplyDelete