Look Around and Have Fun

Friday, February 20, 2015

Baking Cookies Without The Guesswork

My kids love cookies.  They also love helping to make cookies.  The hardest part about letting them help is getting them to space out the cookies the correct distance.  There's nothing more interesting than cookies that have run into one another to make a giant cookie. Ha ha ha.

I was able to get a Silicone Baking Mat from BakeItFun to review.  I have really enjoyed using my baking mat. It fits great in my cookie sheet.  The biggest thing I love is how it has the spots printed in the mat to show where to put the cookies. There is no guesswork as to how far to space each cookie. 


We added an extra on the bottom.  


 
With the nonstick silicon material the cookies will not stick. You just put the cookies on and they come right off after cooling a minute. 

I am so happy it was able to try it in exchange for a review. We made cookies last night and my little kids were able to scoop the dough and place it on the mat because they knew right where to put it. It was so fun. If you are in need (or want) of a good silicone baking mat, you can find BakeItFun's mat HERE.

I used a recipe I found from Cooks.com (HERE).

M&M'S® COOKIES 
1 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 c. butter, softened*
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
2 c. whole M&M'S® plain candies
Preheat oven to 375°F.Beat sugars and butter in large bowl on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and eggs; beat in flour, salt and baking soda on low speed. Stir in candies. Drop dough by teaspoon about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with fork.Bake until edges are light brown, 8 to 11 minutes. Let stand 3 to 4 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.Cookies made with butter will flatten more and tend to be somewhat darker along the edges, but are more flavorful. Watch carefully to prevent burning.If you prefer higher cookies that spread less, vegetable shortening may be substituted for the butter, or use half of each. A higher temperature (400°F will help cookies set before spreading).
 
 


**I received this baking mat in exchange for my review.**




1 comment:

  1. My girls like making cookies and having a mat like this would actually be pretty fun for them

    ReplyDelete