I've been looking into detoxing using Sodium Bentonite. I am amazed at all the benefits from this natural substance. I am excited to have received a 16oz container of Indian Healing Clay from Majestic Pure to try.
There are so many ways to use this! You can use it in a bath or in a foot soak to draw toxins out of your body through your skin. You can make a facial mask to shrink pores, tightening and toning skin, remove impurities, shedding off dead skin cells, and just make your skin overall feel great. It can be used to help with cuts, bruises, bug bites and stings, boils, rashes, achy joints, acne, and burns. It can also be used for your hair. When I received a 16oz container of Indian Healing Clay from Majestic Pure, that is what I decided to do. After searching for a good recipe, I decided to use the one I found on www.welnessmama.com.
This natural clay mask for hair is an effective shampoo and detoxifying mask that leaves hair shiny and with healthy volume.
Author: Wellness Mama
Recipe type: Beauty
- 1 cup brewed herbal tea or water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- approximately ¾ cup bentonite clay
- 10 drops of essential oil of choice (optional)- I use peppermint and lavender
- Note: Bentonite clay is most effective if it doesn't come in contact with metal before use. Mix with wood, plastic or glass for best results, though I haven't found that this makes much of a difference for hair products. I use an old mini-food processor with a plastic dough blade that I found at a thrift shop.
- Brew the herbal tea and let cool slightly, make sure all herbs are strained out.
- Pour tea and apple cider vinegar in a blender, food processor or non-metal bowl.
- Start adding clay a tablespoon at a time while blending or whisking to incorporate it.
- Keep adding clay until mixture is smooth and about the consistency of yogurt.
- Add essential oils if using and mix in.
- Store in an air-tight container in the shower for up to a week.
- To Use: Wet hair. Starting at roots, massage a handful of the clay mixture into hair and work down to the roots. Repeat until all hair is coated. Leave 5 minutes or up to 20 minutes (do not let dry!) and rinse out with warm water.
- optional: Rinse with a cup of herbal tea with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar added.
It's a great way to detox your body and hair. It makes you feel just amazing.
**I received this in exchange for my review.**