Look Around and Have Fun

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Do you know that people can have parasites?

Parasites?  Inside of me?!

This is a conversation that many people (especially those with pets) think of, but don't generally think about being inside of you or your kids.  Parasites.  It's not a nice topic.  It's pretty gross actually.  

We lived on a farm 6 years ago.  We watched a friend's farm for 6+ months, and over that time we also saw a lot if parasites in the farm animals.  It was then that I began to worry about them transferring to my family.  I told myself later that I was just being paranoid.  

I began looking into human parasites recently.  I found that many studies say that a whopping 85% of people have parasites!  These aren't just in underdeveloped countries.  This is you, me, schoolmates, coworkers, the cook in your local restaurant.  


10 Signs You May Have a Parasite

You have an explained constipation, diarrhea, gas, or other symptoms of IBS

You traveled internationally and remember getting traveler’s diarrhea while abroad

You have a history of food poisoning and your digestion has not been the same since.

You have trouble falling asleep, or you wake up multiple times during the night.

You get skin irritations or unexplained rashes, hives, rosacea or eczema.

You grind your teeth in your sleep.
You have pain or aching in your muscles or joints.

You experience fatigue, exhaustion, depression, or frequent feelings of apathy.

You never feel satisfied or full after your meals.

You've been diagnosed with iron-deficiency anemia.


So, what can we do about it?  Come to find out, it can be a simple and natural step.  


I have started our family on a detox regime from Green Herb.  My kids are taking Eliminies (specially formulated for kids).  My husband and oldest daughter (16) is taking Elimination.  I was sad that I couldn't try these, but as a mother breastfeeding my 9 month old, the Pau D'Arco and Wormwood are highly warned against. 

They are very easy to take. Elimination is 1 capsule 3 times a day.  Eliminies are dependent upon the age. 
2-4 is 2 tablets daily.  
4-8 is 3 tablets daily. 
8+ is 4 tablets daily. 







Indications that a person may have parasites (these are the most common indications, but the presence of one or more of them could also signal a different health problem) include:

Drowsiness after eating
Anemia
Constipation
Allergies
Bloating and gas
Unclear thinking
"Toxic" feeling
Explosive diarrhea
Ulcers
Tendency for blood clots
Jaundice
High or low blood-sugar levels
Mineral imbalance
Fluid buildup during full moon
Light-colored, fatty stools
Recurrent yeast infections
Joint pain
Asthma
Grinding of teeth during sleep
Liver problems
Malnutrition


After a month of 'deworming' I will say that my kids are still the crazy kids they always were.  I haven't noticed anything coming out of the 2 year old (still in diapers, so I check).  I'm happy to know that things look to be in the clear.  I will likely go this again at another point, and I really can't wait to use them myself after I'm done nursing. 


**I received this in exchange for my review.**


No comments:

Post a Comment