Look Around and Have Fun

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Fresh Sprouts At Home

I love to cook and I love to eat.  Farm fresh and home grown foods are my favorite.  There is just no way to compare the taste of fresh grown organic food vs off the grocery store shelf.  One great food is the amazing sprout.  I was excited to try out a box of seeds for my sprouts from Natural Green Seeds.



This box came with Mustard Seeds, Beet Seeds, and Broccoli Seeds.  You need to use or make your own sprouter.  It's really easy.  These seeds were just amazing.  One thing I enjoyed doing was using the seed sprouting as part of our schooling.  The kids got to help get them going, and then they got to eat them.  

The way we did it was by using a mason jar.  I put some of my seeds in the jar, put the water in (just enough to cover them, then I cover the jar with cheesecloth and screw on the ring to hold the cheesecloth on. Then I gently pour the water out, and leave the jar on it's side.  I do this twice a day until the sprouts form and grow.  Then you can eat them.  So easy and sooo delicious on a sandwich or pita pocket. 

Each seed variety as a different taste.  Go ahead and try it out.  You can get your sprouting kit on Amazon by clicking HERE


**I received this in exchange for my review.**



1 comment: