Look Around and Have Fun

Monday, February 16, 2015

Helping My Legs With Compression Sleeves

Calf compression sleeves are actually something I had never really thought about.  I'd head of compression shirts, compression underwear, and compression socks. I hadn't put much thought into anything more than good running shoes and socks, and some comfortable clothes.  

I came across an opportunity to review Calf Compression Sleeves by Run Forever Sports and thought it would be an interesting experiment.   First thing I discovered is that compression means tight.  Tight means it's going to be hard to get them on.  After I finally got them over my feet and one in place, I noticed it made my one leg wearing the sleeve almost feel lighter.  It was an odd feeling.  I got both my calves ready and got dressed for my run in the snow.  I was also grateful for the extra layer to keep my legs warm. 



Another thing I learned about compression sleeves is that they are great for running. The compression on my calves helps the blood flow.  It seems that the added pressure does wonders for my endurance.  

I ran today.  My husband and I are doing the C25K program.  Today was Week 7 Day 3 for us.  It's a 25 minute (or 2.5 mile) run.  Last week we did mileage, but I struggled due to a 3 week respiratory illness.  I finally kicked the sickness.  Today we just ran timed.  It was only 2.1 miles, but I could have easily kept going.  I wasn't even winded.  I felt amazing.  My calves didn't get fatigued at all.  That is what slows me down the most.  

For the first time, I passed my husband.  He was saying how his calves are what held him back.  I think I need to get him a pair of compression sleeves as well.  I love mine.  


**I received these in exchange for my review.**


No comments:

Post a Comment