Look Around and Have Fun

Thursday, March 26, 2015

My Favorite Water Bottles

I have finally found my favorite water bottles. I have been through several water bottles over the years. I don't like to drink from the aluminum water bottles for health reasons. I really prefer the stainless steel, but I also have a hard time actually drinking straight from the bottle.  I usually drink with a straw.  At home, I will drink my water from my stainless steel straws out of a glass jar.  I wanted a water bottle that provided all my drinking needs. 
Then I found the 20-Ounce Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Sports Water Bottles.  You actually get 2 water bottles.  They are stainless steel, insulated, and they have a built in straw.



These are officially my favorite water bottles. I have even set my jar and straws to the side.  I can drink my water at home without fear of my kids sprinkling dust and sticking fingers into my water.  It is sealed tight from scary kid sprinkles.  It also lets me drink easily with my straw.



I have found one flaw that seems to be pretty common with water bottles with straws.  If it tips over, it will leak.  I found this out when I put it in my diaper bag.  The bag got knocked over and my bottle slowly emptied out into all my cloth diapers I had packed.  Ahhhh!  Thankfully they dried, and no harm was done.  It was a good learning lesson. 

I also discovered a little something else as I drank from it.  It does have a little air intake hole on the top.  However, I can't close the lid tight.  Otherwise I can't drink easily from the bottle.  I will fill my bottles, tighten the lid, then loosen it just a little.  That seems to prevent a vapor lock (of sorts).  It happens with both bottles, so I assume it's a normal situation.

I also think it's a great idea to clean it with a vinegar rinse once a week just to prevent any bacteria growth.  Things can grow in a wet environment.  Especially as the weather starts to get warm.

I really like these, and they are awesome bottles.  If you are wanting to get them, you can find them HERE on Amazon.


**I received these in exchange for my review.**

No comments:

Post a Comment