Look Around and Have Fun

Friday, March 27, 2015

Relaxing With My Buddha Board

There are a few ways I can find to relax.  During the day, when there is noise, distractions, and no escape, I like to sing.  Music is one of my ways to refocus.

Another way is self hypnosis.  I first learned about this when pregnant and using Hypnobirthing to focus on relaxing during labor and birth. I still put on meditation music at night and fall asleep to it.  

Another way to relax is through art.  A great art piece I've used is The Original Buddha Board.  



The Buddha Board is a very easy relaxation piece. It's very easy to use, and virtually no mess. 

It's a water reactive board. It has a paint brush and a water tray. It also have a drip tray (not pictured). 

You simply fill the water tray with room temperature water and out the board on top in it's notch.  You can put clean smooth stones or marbles in the water tray for decoration.  Make sure they are clean so your board doesn't get dirty. 

When everything is ready I like to have it on a low table and sit on a pillow on the floor.  I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths.  I then open my eyes and start to paint.  It quickly dries within a minute or two.  Then you can start over with a new picture.  

These are the pictures of when I was first trying it out.  I don't like to interrupt my meditative time. 




You can see how it started to evaporate before I got the picture.  The water also drops back down.  Once finished I like to wipe the board bottom. You don't want the board to remain wet.  This just helps dry it instead of letting the water droplets sit on it. 


It's a great way to paint your worries away.  If you are wanting a Buddha Board you can get one HERE


**I received this in exchange for my review.**


No comments:

Post a Comment