Look Around and Have Fun

Saturday, April 25, 2015

A Birthday Scoop

Today's my sweet baby Z turned 1.  According to my 8 year old son, he is officially a number.  I love birthdays.  It's good I do, since we have 11 birthdays counting myself and my hubby.  I always plan a big birthday dinner.  We have cake and sometimes icecream for dessert.

My question started with, "What to cook for someone without teeth?".  Ha ha!  He's good at eating, but I wanted to make it easy.  So, I spent all day (4 hours actually) making meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, and homemade rolls.  He absolutely loved it.  Not a tooth and he ate it all up.  



We then dug into his dessert, after a little break for digesting.  His big sister made him a chocolate chip cake.  Or a giant cookie according to my hubby. 


Then we scooped up the ice cream.  Now, this was our first time using this scoop.  This is a heavy stainless steel scoop.  It has quite the weight to it. 


I was curious to see how well it worked.  The other scoop I have is from my great grandmother in law.  It's old, lightweight, aluminum, and has the button you push to make the ball pop out.  That's because the ice cream sticks in it. 

The ice cream we were eating had been in the deep freeze.  We got it out and I immediately put the scoop to work. Without warming it with warm water it cut right into the ice cream.  It came off the scoop, into the bowl, without me prying it off. 


It was so easy that after a few scoops I gave the job over to my 8 year old son, who excitedly went about scooping everyone up.  

This ice cream scoop is labeled as indestructible.  I can believe that it would be very hard to kill this thing.  It really is a good scoop.  I love the ergonomics of the handle.  It fits well in my hand.  Even with the heavy weight, it's balanced well enough to use easily.  It cuts through the ice cream easily.  I think it's a fine kitchen item.  

If you want a good quality ice cream scoop that should last a long time, you can find this one HERE.



**I received this in exchange for my review.**



No comments:

Post a Comment