Look Around and Have Fun

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Galleany Manual Coffee Grinder

I usually start my mornings off with a cup or two of coffee.  About 90% of the time that includes grinding my whole coffee beans and using my French Press EO brew my morning drink.  Now, I have always used just a cheap electric coffee grinder from the store. You know, the ones that run about $15.  That's the one I have.  It's been through a lot over it's life.  It now screams (seriously, it makes a screaming noise) when I use it. It should probably go in the trash, but it still works, so I keep making it scream as I get my morning beans pulverized.

So, the problem with this grinder is that 1) it screams, and 2) there's no way to get a consistent grind.  It's usually too fine, too course, or sometimes too fine with half beans still in it.  Don't ask how that happens. My grinder is too busy yelling at me.  

I was able to try out this manual coffee grinder from Galleany.  It's a fun grinder to try out.  I love it for many reasons.  



I can set the grind to where I want it, and it's always that courseness. 

If the power goes out, or my grinder finally dies, I can still grind my beans. I was without a grinder for a while.  I had to use my morter and pestle.  Yes, I'm dedicated.  

It's really simple to use.  There is the chamber for the beans.  It has the ceramic (not plastic) burr mechanism, the chamber for the ground coffee with a window to see how much is in there, the lid for the whole bean chamber, and the hand crank. 


I measured 1/4 cup of beans an put it in the top.  1/2 seemed to be too much.  


I put it all together an gave it a couple cranks to see the grind and adjusted it to where I wanted it. 

I then cranked the handle.  You will need a good grip and a little power.  It's not too hard, but it take a couple minutes, so it is harder than a few second button pushing.  Once done, I had a bottom container of fresh ground coffee. 


I put it in my French Press and made it like usual.  Beautiful, rich coffee.  I love it!



This is a great grinder to have.  It would be wonderful for every day use, if you don't mind cranking the handle for your perfect grind.  It's also perfect for when you can't use an electric grinder such as during a power outage, your electric grinder goes on the fritz, camping, etc...  

If you want one of your own, you can find them HERE on Amazon. 


**I received this in exchange for my review.**



No comments:

Post a Comment