Look Around and Have Fun

Monday, April 20, 2015

Preparing For Canning Season

As my garden is just getting started I am also thinking about the harvesting throughout the summer and fall.  I am hoping to have enough surplus that I can do some canning.  There's nothing more important than having canned produce to eat throughout the winter.  It's your own home grown food, and you can do whatever you want when it comes to flavor.

The problem with canning is that you need to have the tools.  A pressure canner, water bath canner, jars, kids, rings.  Yes.  The obvious.  Then there are the 'tools'. 


This is a great canning tool set.  It comes with all the basic tools you need to get your canning done.  You get the funnel, tongs, lid remover wrench, bubble popper measuring stick, jar lifter, and the magnet lid lifter. 



Let me tell you.  There is nothing nicer than the magnet lid lifter. I've been using tongs the last few years.  It's not easy to pull kids out of hot water with tongs! 


I am really looking forward to getting started on canning this year.  This will make things much more pleasant.  Everything feels strong and well made.  It all moves easily and stays together.  It will be nice to use a complete canning tool set.  

If you need a canning tool set, or need to replace an old set, check it out HERE on Amazon. 


**I received this in exchange for my review.**



No comments:

Post a Comment