Look Around and Have Fun

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Fé Fit Fuel Bars

Have you ever tried to find a protein and energy bar that tastes good? I'm not saying they're not out there.  I just hadn't found any that were both healthy and tasted good.  All of the ones I had tried always had thy chalky taste.  It was like they mixed the drink powder up to make a bar.   I've never been a fan.  I'm always searching and willing to try different bars. I'm always hoping I'll find a good one.

This time, I think I may have discovered what I'm looking for.  


Fé Fit has an assortment of energy bars. I think I found out what was needed to make a good protein/energy bar.  It needs to be real food.  These bars are not only gluten free, they are also paleo.  They DO have nuts, so keep that in mind.


I first tried the Cacao Nib Almond bar.  It's a super dense little roll.  My first bite was a surprise.  It was a little hard to bite into, but it was good.  It wasn't powdery. My first thought was wondering if it had dates.  I couldn't taste it, but it was moist, and I know dates are nutricious and a good baking item.  What I did taste was the cacao nibs and almonds.  I was also surprised with coconut.  There were other ingredients I couldn't figure out, but found them on the package. I was impressed and knew that these snacks are no guilty pleasure.  They are a healthy pleasure.  I'm a lover of cacao, so this is my favorite. 

Ingredients: Isolate whey protein, raw pecans, organic dates, almonds, organic raw coconut, organic cacao nibs, organic coconut palm sugar, raw honey, spring water, organic chia seeds, almond butter, raw cacao powder, organic ground flax seed, raw organic extra virgin coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, sea salt. 


Next up was the Cashew Apricot.  It had more of a nutty flavor with just a hint of the apricot.  I pulled out a few of the little dried apricot chunks, and was happy to actually see them in there.  I don't know if it was the apricot, but this one had a slight bitter after taste.  This was actually my least favorite, because I'm all about taste. 




Ingredients: Isolated whey protein, raw pecans, organic dates, raw cashews, dried apricot, organic raw coconut, spring water, raw honey, organic coconut sugar, organic chia seeds, organic ground flax seed, raw organic extra virgin coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, sea salt. 


Last was the Coconut Pecan.  This one I couldn't quite taste the coconut as much as the apricot or cacao.  I did love the nutty date flavor of this one.  It seems that the date flavor was more pronounced in this bar.  It also has a lovely pecan flavor.  If you like pecans, you'll love this one!




Ingredients:  Isolated whey protein, raw pecans, organic dates, organic raw coconut, spring water, raw honey, organic coconut nectar sugar, organic chia seeds, organic ground flax seed, raw organic extra virgin coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, sea salt. 

You can find their individual flavors, or a combination pack HERE on Amazon. 



**I received these free in exchange for my review.**

No comments:

Post a Comment