Look Around and Have Fun

Friday, May 15, 2015

Natures Bond Premium Double Electric Breast Pump

I have always struggled with getting enough milk with a breast pump.  I have a manual pump from Medela and a double electric pump from Evenflo.   I've had the manual pump for about 10 years.  It's actually my better working pump.  It has suction and I am able to control the pressure myself.  The one from Evenflo I got used (but it was only used a few times).   I know, I know.  Gross.  I took it apart and sterilized it, but found out later that it could still have contaminates in it.  I only used it for a few months.  Even after buying new parts it would lose suction and was useless. 

I was never able to get more than 1 or 2 ounces of milk a day.  It was very depressing and I was never able to store much milk, since it would take a week to get a days worth of milk for my baby.  It is always said that you can NOT compare your amount you pump to the amount you're feeding your baby.  It is still a little worrisome when your body won't respond to a pump.  Is my body doing enough?  My babies are not those fat, chunky babies.  I have little, skinny kids.  They look like my brother and I did.  Still, I always wonder. 

I recently had the exciting opportunity to review a brand new breast pump.  My most exciting mommy day recently was when UPS dropped off my Natures Bond Premium Double Electric Breast Pump.  I was so excited!




I immediately pulled it all out and took and inventory.  I checked it over and was so thrilled to see what all it included.

Features & Benefits:• Personal-use electric breast pump
• Designed with 2 pumping modes
• Airlock design helps protect breast milk and baby from bacteria, mold and viruses while pumping
• Capable of single and double pumping
• Lightweight and portable for added convenience
• BPA-free
• AC Power Adapter
• Kit comes equipped with shoulder tote bag and milk storage cooler bag
• Includes 4 milk collection bottles with lock-tight sealing lids, 2 tubes with connection valves, 4 caps, 6 batteries and 2 of each of the following breast shield sizes: 80mm, 76mm and 74mm


I took all the tubes, bottles, caps, and breast shields and sterilized them in water I had boiled.  I then set them to the side to dry completely.  After that, I put it all in the tote bag and gave it a try. 

I discovered something amazing.  A good pump makes ALL the difference!  I went from getting 1 ounce to actually pumping 6 ounces in one sitting!!! 



I started with the let down mode.  It made tiny little sucks to get the milk in.  I then pushed the button and it changed to the pumping mode.  I was able to control the suction easily with the push of a button.  The light tells me what suction setting it's on.  It's very quiet compared to my old electric pump.  It makes the humming and pumping noise, but it's not loud and doesn't disturb my family.  My baby guy also becomes obsessed with it.  He loves it and comes over to touch it as it has a vibration that he seems to be obsessed with.  Ha Ha Ha.  Silly guy.  My old pump he hated and always tried to swat it away.  

The Natures Bond pump also has the ability to use batteries (6 AA), which lasted me a couple long pumping sessions, or you can use the AC power adapter if you have a close power source.  The lights on the pump will also change colors according to the battery power.  Green is a full battery.  Yellow is warning you that the batteries are getting low.  I didn't let it get past yellow, because I could tell the suction was lower and I didn't want to risk stressing the pump. 

This is a brand I hadn't heard of before, but after using Natures Bond, I will definitely recommend them to my friends and followers.  I am so happy that I am now able to pump and store my milk.  This is such a blessing to me, and it has really boosted my confidence in my body's ability to make milk and nourish my baby.

A few breastfeeding tips:
  • Drink enough water.  You want to make sure you are staying hydrated or your milk supply will go down.
  • Eat enough calories.  This would be between 2,000 and 2,500 calories per day for a breastfeeding woman.
  • Eat healthy foods.  Make sure you are getting the proper nutrition.  This will help keep your and your baby healthy.
  • Get enough rest.  Being tired or under a lot of stress can cause your milk supply to suffer.  Your physical and mental state can make a big difference in your milk supply.  Try to get rest when you can.  A mother never seems to get enough, but if you are able to catch a nap here and there, that will really help.
  • Eat foods that help your milk supply.  Foods like oatmeal, Red Raspberry Leaf tea, Mother's Milk tea, brewers yeast, fenugreek, lactation cookies (yum!), garlic, carrots, nuts (Cashews, almonds, and macadamia nuts), fennel, green (unripe) papaya, sesame seeds, ginger, and (if your a natural minded mom that's up for something super adventurous) placenta capsules (warning - graphic content).


If you are looking for a good pump, check out Natures Bond.  You can find them HERE on Amazon.


**I received this for free in exchange for my review.**

7 comments:

  1. I have two single electric pumps and one hand pump. The hand one works best for me too. I have to pump a lot for my baby and it's not very effective. This is a good price, I might have to buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I agree! I just posted my review on this pump just below. Did you have the same problem as well?? I have read reviews about it on Amazon and I'm not the only one with the issue.

      Delete
  4. My Nature's Bond pump just quit working for me after using it for 2 months. I turn it on, it beeps and then shuts off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HORRIBLE PUMP! Doesn't even work. Don't waist your time or money on it. YES it pumps my milk, but DOES NOT collect into the bottle. It collects in the valve and does not release into the bottle. In order to do so, I have to wait for the valve to fill up, break suction then re-attach for the milk to pass through the membrane. If the valve fills up to much, it goes into the tubing and into the motor causing it to either break or cause black gunk that you CAN NOT clean out. I have contacted the company in regards to this and they sent me a brand new motor. SAME THING happened!!!!. Seriously don't waist your time or money on this pump. I now use the Medela brand pump and it works like a pump should. The milk goes straight into the bottle with out filling up in the valve part. ALL of the parts work with the Medela pump as well so it's not the parts that are the issue with the Nature's Bond, it's the Nature's Bond pump that doesn't work. This pump if very new and they just need to recall it and fix their product. I have read other reviews on Amazon and I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting. Many thanks.
    bravo electric air pumps

    ReplyDelete