Look Around and Have Fun

Monday, May 11, 2015

Planning a Trip to Schlitterbahn?

We have been watching Schlitterbahn in Kansas City, KS as it was being built.  Every time we passed by on our way to Cabela's we would peek over and see all the new excitement across the street.  Our family has been planning a trip to Schlitterbahn, and I think this summer is the year we will go. 



Brining 9 kids and 2 adults, I am looking for Waterpark Survival Tips!



A few from Schlitterbahn:

1. Swim shoes or flip flops - Schlitterbahn parks are among the largest in the nation, and that means that invariably there will be some hot spots without shade or outdoor carpet. Wear some sort of water worthy shoe.

2. Suncreen - Water rides remove the best in sunscreen. Apply, ride, repeat.

3. Pack a lunch - Schlitterbahn allows ice chests, but no glass or alcohol. Make sure to pack some favorites but leave room for park specialties like funnel cake and turkey legs! We have a fun check list here and a neat post on being SchlitterReady here.

Here are a few more I'm adding...

1. Stroller - If you have a baby or toddler, make sure you bring a stroller so you have a place to put a sleepy little one.

2.  A change of clothes - Waterparks are fun, but once the day is over, you might want a dry pair of clothes to change into before heading home.  There's nothing worse than a car ride with wet clothes and fogged up windows.


What are your tips for getting trough the waterpark with your family?  Share them in the comments!!!

8 comments:

  1. Please let me know how it is! We live just south of KC and been dying to go there or to Worlds Of Fun/Oceans of Fun.. I've been leaning more towards Schlitterbahn, since none of us have ever been there before. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love water parks! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change of clothes is something I always forget! I love waterparks, and have been dying to take a summer vacation. Maybe a cool roadtrip is just what we need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! When we go to outings, we always make sure we bring a baby carrier for our son as well as a stroller because there may be some places that you can't bring a stroller. Just idea, of course I have never been to Schlitterbahn before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9 kids! Oh no. Great tips. I haven't been to a water park since I was a teen. I bet this one in Kansas is fun. My only tip from what I remember is to definitely have sunscreen and wear the right shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to the Waterpark sounds awesome. I hope that you guys have fun! Those are some really good tips by the way. Also, that is really cool that your park will let you bring in food. The one here won't. I honestly can't think of any new tips though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tips! I love Water parks! These tips are really great and something to keep in mind. People think that since they are at a water park that a lot of rules don't apply.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tips. I always have less change of clothes if I am on couple of day stay at waterpark. I always tend to go back again and again lol. My most important rule is not eat right before ride, if my stomach if full and try getting in rides I feel uneasy. So after lunch I normally just relax in swimming pool for the food to settle down.

    ReplyDelete