Look Around and Have Fun

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

iRULU Children's Tablet

If there is anything my children love, it's a new tablet to help me to try out and review.  We use tablets daily in our family.  Some are used for fun, but usually we use them with out homeschooling.  This tablet was one that I was really hoping that I could have specifically set up for my smaller kids, as the case looked more small child friendly.

When the iRULU tablet arrived, the first thing I noticed was the rubbery case.  It's a thinner rubber case, but it seems to be pretty good at protecting the tablet from bumps and very minor drops.  However, I wouldn't trust it to protect the tablet from a hard drop.  You will still want to keep an eye on your kids if they use it.

So, what exactly is the iRULU?

What makes iRULU BabyPad Different:
Pre-installed Kids APK provides hundreds of educational apps. Six modules, fit for the child age and ability well, can be switched to assist their study and to rich spare time life. Kids can enjoy the tablet with parental controls in place, which gives free access to know more about your kids.

Quad core processor brings best experience for reading and watching. 1024*600 HD resolution delivers bright colors and crisp pictures. Tiny fingers can easily operate this tablet for the full-touch screen. Google Android 4.4 KitKat operating system offers high speed and responsiveness to run educational apps and to play popular puzzle games. Dual cameras are convenient for video chatting and photo taking. Built-in Wi-Fi, fast and smooth internet connection is also available for cartoons and fun videos.

There is no need to worry about sliding the tablet in accident for each corner of the tablet is around with non-toxic bumpers. Most importantly, it is the biggest surprise for your children to get such a cute tablet as a Christmas gift, well packed with colorful design.

Specifications: 
Screen Size: 7 Inch 
CPU Processor: Quad Core 
Resolution: 1024*600 
Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat 
Storage: 1GB RAM and 8GB Nand Flash 
Dual cameras: Front 0.3MP and Rear 0.3MP 
Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n 
Support 3G(3G Dongle Not Included in Package)

Dimensions: 
190x120x13 MM

Package Contents: 
1 x iRULU BabyPad 
1 x USB Cable for Charging 
1 x User's Manual 
Includes a 1 year limited warranty




As I have played around with this, the one thing I LOVE is that I can set up a restricted profile for my kids.  What does that mean?  It means that I can use the tablet just like any other tablet.  I can use YouTube, Chrome, shop on Amazon, get online, listen to music, get into the app store, etc...

With my kids, they can ONLY access what I have authorized.  They are allowed the educational games, etc...  However, I have them locked out of the YouTube and Crome (internet) areas.  I don't need my small children getting into those.

The picture quality is great.  It is clear, and has no issues with lines, pixels, or any discoloration.  The audio is clear and has no issues.  The only thing I would change with the audio is that it sounds like it comes from the back of the tablet.  Due to that the audio is muffled when it is laying flat.


One big issue I had was in the Children's World area.  I set up my pin code, but when I went into the settings in Children's World, it would say my password is incorrect.  After a few minutes on Google, I discovered this is a different pin code!  The default is 1234.  I had instant access.  I went into the Parent section and changed to my pin code.  I was also able to set up how long they can play, and then how long the tablet will be locked until they can play on it again!  How wonderful!




No comments:

Post a Comment