Look Around and Have Fun

Thursday, January 19, 2017

An Introduction to Speech Buddies - Video of Day 1

This post contains sponsored links.


This is the Day 1 video of Speech Buddies Professional Tool Set as well as the Speech Buddies Flash Cards.

I am explaining the Tools, the Flash Cards with my 12, 10, 8, and 5 year old children.  These are the ones that need the most help with their speech.  My 12 year old daughter doesn't need much help, as she has been working hard over the last few months to speak clearly and focus on the placement of her tongue, but I am still working with her on this to help her out.






One thing I did in here was not only show how it helps with their letter sounds, but I wanted to show that there is a difference in using these on an older child vs a younger child.  Brigham (10) is much easier to explain things to, and understands how to use this very quickly.  Jacob (5) is more playful and also needs more guidance.  His might take a little longer just because of his young age and inability to fully grasp the instructions.  He is very excited to use this though.



The Speech Buddies tools are meant for children over the age of 4, so Jake is just at the beginning age for the tool set.  This is a good way to start him out to prevent the bad habit of saying his sounds incorrectly.  I really look forward to seeing how quickly each one develops with these.


Another note, I want to mention the cleaning of the tools.  After each use, you want to wash the used tool ends (the part that was in the mouth) in warm soapy water, and then a quick soak in isopropyl alcohol.  Then rinse them again, and let them dry.  This will clean them, kill the germs, and keep them in good shape.



I did received the tool set for free, but I paid full price for the flash cards.  I am hoping that this tool set from Speech Buddies will help my children with their different sounds that they struggle with.  I am showing their 30 day use of the Speech Buddies system.


25 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great help for kids who need some work on their speech. My little one was in speech therapy for years and this would have been a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks interesting. I wonder how the kids feel about it. I think it's difficult at the begging at least, to get used talking with something in your mouth. But it's a really great tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These seem great! My daughter is turning 4 this month and i bet something like this would be perfect for her. She has always been very vocal and is rather easy to understand, but it never hurts to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing tool! I bet this would be great for classrooms as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful. My son was in speech therapy until 5th grade so it would have come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oldest 2 sons were in speech therapy back in like 2nd and 3rd grade. This would have been nice to have at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughters had speech therapy for a short time. It would have been great to have this as a supplement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome. I would like to have this for my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great that you're working with them to improve their speech and to keep them from forming bad speech habits. Richard B

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful that you are working with them to help their speech. It is nice to see parents that help at home

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to educate the little ones and get them ready for school! You are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm impressed with this brand. I haven't seen anything like this here in the Philippines. It could really help a lot of children who are non-native speakers of English.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of this before but it sure sounds amazing. It's perfect for parents who would like to help their kids develop their speech better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like an awesome learning tool for kids! From what I've seen, it's not that difficult to use either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it sounds so awesome, my son is 14 months old anow and i guess i should start speech therapy from now

    ReplyDelete
  16. Although there is no one in my life or immediate family that needs speech therapy, it was interesting to read about this programme. Always good to know what tools are out there to help with communication.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sound amazing. I imagine lots of families would find this beneficial. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a good idea. I hope it works well

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is interesting! I've never heard of this or seen it before!

    | diaryofasouthernmillennial.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great way of teaching! The video posts help alot to show exactly how effective in use the product is. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a great way to help with speech. Hope your children get better everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great tool! I wish this was available when my kids were learning to read.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is such an interesting way to teach. I love it. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great way of teaching. Good to know when I'm a mommy some day!

    ReplyDelete