Look Around and Have Fun

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Speech Buddy Speech Therapy Tools

This post contains sponsored links.


As a homeschooling mother of 10 children, I have come across many hurdles that I knew I would eventually have to deal with.  One that I assumed I would come to was speech issues.  As a child, I found myself in speech therapy in school.  I was in 3rd grade, and had a lot of trouble saying the R sound correctly.  I remember well the games and techniques they used to help me and other classmates to properly say the correct sounds for many different letters.  However, I have found that it is not as easy as it seems to get a child to correctly make those sounds.  I have tried many different tricks and games for my 12, 10, 8, and 6 year old children.  Games, flash cards, having them talk slowly and focus on tongue placement, rhyming, and so much more.  It has helped, but we still have a long way to go.  I was getting frustrated, and that is when I came across the Speech Buddy Therapy Tool set.

You see, not all of my children have an issue with the same letter sounds.  Some have the same letter they can't say properly.  Then they also tend to have one letter per child.  "R" is one of the letters almost all of the 4 kids struggle with.  My 10 year old also struggles with the "L" sound, making it more like a "W" sound.  I contacted Speech Buddy, and I explained to them my dilemma. They were so amazing, getting back to me within the week offering help.  I was able to try out their Set Of 5 speech tools, which is the best deal if you are going to buy more than 2 or 3.



What is the Set Of 5?

From their site:
We hold ourselves to the highest quality, manufacturing, and research standards in the speech therapy industry. Speech Buddies are FDA listed and made in the USA at a registered medical device facility.
Product Specifications:
Includes: 1 R Speech Buddy, 1 S Speech Buddy, 1 CH Speech Buddy, 1 SH Speech Buddy, 1 L Speech Buddy, 1 protective carrying case, instruction and lesson guide, and free access to Speech Buddies University online lesson plans.
  • Case Dimensions: 7"x 1.5" x 2.8" inches
  • Speech Buddy Dimensions: 6" x 0.5"x.6"
  • Materials: BPA free FDA grade biocompatible plastics and colorant
  • Cleaning: Mild soap and water or 70% isopropyl alcohol



As you can see, it comes with the 5 tools.  1 for each sound.  They are in their own latching hard case, which is a very sturdy and secure case to keep the tools clean and secure in a safe place. 

The tools are a soft rubber that easily bends and moves in the mouth when used correctly.


The tools are BPA free, are flexible, and easy to use.  The website provides video tutorials (Click HERE) to explain how the tools work.  It is an easy 10 minutes of practice a day per tool, and you should see results in 30 days or less.

We are just starting our journey with the Speech Buddy tools, and I will be providing more with this review, as well as adding our video journey, as we go.  I am so excited to show you the results.
I will be adding our "Before" video, and then I'll add to it with our speech therapy journey as the month progresses.  I have also ordered the flash card set, so I'll be talking about that more once it comes.




I received the Speech Buddy tool set for free in exchange for my review.  

I paid full price for the flash cards to provide a thorough explanation of the tool set.
You can purchase all of these products at https://www.speechbuddy.com/parents/buy

No comments:

Post a Comment